Monday, August 13, 2012

After the Sport's Over

I've been trying to write a blog post for a fortnight. But the Olympics has been like some big brainwipe machine and every time I try and write something I get swamped in sporting metaphors and images of Jessie's J's catsuit.

Given that, I'll stick to the more regular fare. What to do in Manchester when the 'Lympic dream is over.

You could go to Castlefield Gallery - which has reopened with a fascinating exhibition by Dave Griffiths, from MMU, with his solo show "Babel Fiche."

Or tomorrow night for instance its the latest addition of the Other Room. I've missed the last couple so I'm looking forward to this one. Varied line-up as well. Its now at the Castle on Oldham Street. (AKA the Bermuda Triangle, because you can never remember leaving.)

We've had a Booker longlist since we last spoke - but I've not read any of them (though hope to get through the Hilary Mantel in next couple of weeks). Quite a few of the books AREN'T EVEN PUBLISHED YET, which I always hate; but there you go, 'tis the way it is.

That's all I've got, the five hoops have still got me ensnared. 




No comments: